- it can store water vapor up to 35 per cent of its own dry weight yet it
remains dry to touch and speeds up the body's own cooling system.
resistant - a fabric made entirely of wool is difficult to ignite, burns
slowly, and has limited ability to sustain a flame.
- the interlocking protein molecules with wool fibers have the power to
elongate, stretch and recover, creating an extremely robust fabric that will
last for years.
resistant - the retention of moisture within the fabric prevents a build-up
of static electricity.
resistant - the crimp and the scales prevent dirt from penetrating the
surface of the wool fiber and the static resistance also helps to resist dust
and lint from the air.
resistant - wool absorbs sound and reduces noise level considerably. Wool is
also an ideal material used in such places as concert halls to attain the best
- its elasticity means garments fit so well and yield to body movement, it
absorbs moisture, allows your body to breathe, yet never feels damp and clammy.
- wool fabric, knitwear and carpets are made from a wide range of wool types
varying from extrafine for suits and knitwear through to broad fibers that give
carpets their strength and character.
- wool comes in a wide choice of textures, weaves and weights, and is suitable
for any style required. No fabric drapes like wool fabric. It is alive, flexible
and tailors easily.
This site is © Copyright Grammas Woolens 2005-2006, All Rights Reserved.